Mobil SHC™ Rarus Series oils are supreme performance air compressor lubricants primarily intended for the lubrication of severe duty rotary screw and vane air compressors. They are particularly suited for severe service where synthetic oil-based products are not meeting expectations such as in severe applications subjected to high final compression temperatures or where extended oil drain intervals are desired. Mobil SHC Rarus Series formulation provides the potential to deliver up to 3 times oil drain interval versus a leading synthetic compressor lubricant.
Features and Benefits
- Outstanding thermal / oxidation stability help to provide up to three times oil drain interval versus a leading synthetic compressor oil and reduce maintenance downtime
- Excellent varnish and sludge control helps to deliver cleanliness and extended compressor oil life
- High performance synthetic base stocks with high viscosity index enables wide temperature range capability and effective lubrication at high temperatures
- High load carrying capability protects equipment and extends life, helps minimize unexpected downtime and extend service periods
- Exceptional resistance to rusting and corrosion, very good antiwear, demulsibility, foam control and air release and multi-metal compatibility
- Excellent water separability helps reduce carryover to downstream equipment, reduce sludge formation in crankcases and discharge lines, helps reduce blockage of coalescers, coolers and less potential for emulsion formation